New place , new everything
Friday, February 23, 2018
Never in a million years would I think I would be where I am today. It's 3.13pm in Dunedin, New Zealand and here I am in my room, at Caroline Freeman College, updating my blog on what has been going on.
5 years ago, I would never expect myself to want to further my studies, yet here I am , less than 2 days away from my very first lecture. Everything is happening so fast. From starting my application in late November, to getting an offer of place in December and settling my student Visa and what not all before the 9th of Feb, when i was going to fly. I never heard of Otago till I worked at Q&M. I never found interest in the dental department, till i worked at Q&M. Yet here I am, getting ready to start school, studying health sciences and aiming dentistry.
This is going to be such a tough year, I just know it. I have to work really hard, I am going to be competing with people all over the world, some who already knew what they wanted to do way before I did. Some people who are already used to waking up so early in the morning. I have been going for preliminary lectures and talks to help us prepare for the course and all. The lecturer touched on topics like working and such. She said those people doing Health Science should not even consider working as our workload will be too much. That's comforting. I am just going to need to be super consistent. I am so nervous. I really am. There are over 2000 people in the first semester and only 900 made it to the second semester last year. That is so pressurising. I will work hard and really do my best. i have one goal when i came here and i will make it happen.
I know I will cry in the middle of the night and whatever, But trust me Naomi, It will be worth it. Don't give up, and be consistent. God please help me. x

