No more Internship
Monday, August 17, 2015
Hi guys, so I wanted to write this post as I am finally done with internship. Like wow right? It has been 6 months. Like that? It feels like it was just yesterday when I met my bosses for the first time and started on my very first project.
How much money do I have now? $0. I always spend. If i kept to my initial plan, I would have around $3600. Maybe slightly less. But now, literally zero. About $1000 plus i spent on my upcoming Thailand trip. But hello? bombings? I am having doubts. I feel unsafe about going there. I still really wanna go but maybe not now? $0 meaning to spend on other stuff, like food lel. But thats that. Haha i am so stupid.
Part Time Job
So here is an update, since the last update was like more than a month ago. Here I am, in my intern office, although i already ended. Reason being, I was offered a part time job here and i am really happy for it. It is a 3 day work week but for the same pay. At first, I felt it was worth the money, but having done more calculations after the short discussion with my boss, i realised I would be earning exactly $6.25/hr. Honestly, not the best pay for the work I do, and i could get $9/hr scooping popcorn at my old job. So my partner and i are going to discuss the contract with them, asking for at least $800-$1000. I mean the other part-timers that work here earn $10/hr so why shouldn't we get the same? Right? I love the bosses and my job, but even so, $600 is looking like cheap labour.
We were going to discuss it this morning, but my friend was sick and slept through. I am also sick, my boss said there is a bug going around. There always is. I get sick so easily I am tired of it. I don't wanna take MC either cause I feel way better than I felt yesterday evening. Plus, my boss would be so sick of it. I am trying really hard to prove my work and time is worth their money. I forced myself to leave at 8.40, knowing i will reach the office by 8.57am. Haha Really precise timing cause I have done it before. The reason i cab to work is because i feel I need more sleep when in actual fact, I have enough rest to function for the day.
If you were wondering, I have a problem with cabbing. I always use it as a very quick alternative to reach work late, but not that late. Lol which would mean like half an hour. WAT A BITCH. I start work at 9 but sometimes, at 9.10am, I am still on my bed. If I was a boss, i would think my employee was not interested and would fire her. Wow, having said that out loud i see how bad my tardiness was. They tolerated that shit. I just want to give back now by being punctual and all. Day one complete. oh, and just to put it out there, I have spent like $300, maybe more, on UBER alone last month. Yeap, I have a problem.
FUTURE PLANS
If you have been reading my posts for a while, you would know i am a lost bitch and have literally no idea what I want to do in the future, after poly. I accomplished what I wanted for internship, lol at least for the company's review which i got AD for. The only, well not really, A in poly. Praise the lord for helping me through that phase.
Having done that, I am just one more semester closer to graduating. Really guys, I should have at least a plan right? I was going to go to Malaysia to study with Anda. Why Malaysia? Idk, Anda wanted to go and she asked me along so she would have a room mate, and we could start our lives all over since no one there knew us. What was I going to study? I have no idea. Why did i say yes? Simple. I needed a plan, and thanks to her, I finally had one. The rest, I'll figure it out. Okay, then what happened. As you can see from above, i said I "WAS" going to Malaysia. That plan is done, cancelled. My mother does not believe in studying in Malaysia because she feels i am going backwards instead of forward. The money i earn and all, will be less when converted back to Singaporean dollars. I talked to Anda about this, and we both agreed that we did not think till that far, we were just happy to have got a plan for after poly. Hence, MALAYSIA = CANCELLED.
Now for the updated plan. During the discussion about my grades with my boss, we had a chat about the future. See, my boss was a teacher and a counsellor, so who better than him to discuss this kind of things. I told him i really had no plans and i was still figuring out where I wanted to go. I know i want to me in the media industry, producing films or being a lead role in something. My boss told me he has plans and such, and he help path out my future. Starting from after poly, what i could do to help in the company and what he could do to help me achieve what i wanted. He also offered to teach me marketing skills. That could be really useful in the future. I am afraid he might make me do things i am not comfortable with, like filing or administrative work, Bless the lord , hope not.
Thus, that is my future plan for now. Finally got something carved out. Just trying really hard not to screw up my last semester now.
Till next time guys, xx


