<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2540916440869993933?origin\x3dhttp://lights-andsounds.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
OBLIVIATE;
Muse
Specs
Relates
Credits
+ follow Dashboard
life lately
Sunday, November 5, 2023

 I am not sure why I did not mention a major event that took place in Auckland in January 2023. On the 27th of January 2023, We experienced really bad flooding that cost my aunty's house and her car. I came back home that day after work and was getting ready for a night out with someone I met online. That evening, the parks in front of the house were taken so I ended up having to park on the hill and walk down to the house, Fortunately, this was what ultimately helped us that night. I remembered my aunty frantically running into my room and asking me why I did not tell her a flood was happening. I was so confused as it was dry when I came home. Flash floods happen that quick. It was a matter of 30 mins for all that to happen, our backyard completely flooded and her car, along with my cousin's, soaked from the inside out. 


At some point, water started entering the house as well so we grabbed some stuff and left. I think I only had my car keys cause I left my phone behind. My car was the only one that survived so I drove everyone on the very flooded road to a friend's house. During which, mother and son kept arguing about the route to take which got me so frustrated cause they could be the ones driving since I am fairly new to Auckland. Anyway, I was stuck in the house for the entire weekend while my aunty and cousin used my car to get documents and stuff for insurance. Also, my room was not that affected by the flood (everything was dry). I also got my phone back. On Sunday, I decided to go meet that online friend since everything has sorta settled down. My aunty didn't like the idea as she felt that it was a national emergency and everyone should stay home. It felt so weird staying at someone else's house. I went anyway and when I was trying to get home my whole car short-circuited and broke down. I called AA for back up and they towed it away. I ended up staying at that friend's house and taking an Uber back the next day.  My aunty was so mad when i got home but rather than being worried about me, I felt her anger was mainly from the fact her plans to use my car to get to work can no longer follow through. I was upset as well from being yelled at so I went up and packed my stuff and got Joseph to give me a ride to the old house. There, I took some stuff and stayed over at another friend's place for the night, let's call him J. It was quite a weird situation, but J and I had plans to leave for work the next morning. That morning, he kept making grumpy noises and sounding annoyed with me. We did not end up leaving together and he deleted all the accounts we were using to chat on. So weird and definitely got rid of any of the feelings I may have caught for him. Since that Sunday, my aunt and I have not spoken at all. I stayed at my friend's place for a few days and at a colleague's (Tiffany) place for the rest of the week. Luckily during that period, I found a place close to work and have been living there since. 

My friendships have been going so well this year. I remembered struggling to make friends but now I have gotten close to Tiffany and we started going to the gym together. She lives nearby so we figured we drag each other for workouts. I also got another colleague at work named Carolina who is similar age. I could not get along with her at the start but now we hang out quite often and go for parties and drinks whenever.


We also have a good time at work complaining about stress and laughing over stupid things. Apart from that, I also got close to Angela. She started as my nail technician and introduced me to this Network Marketing brand called ATOMY which I have been doing on the side. Thanks to Angela, I made another friend Celina and also got the chance to go to Korea during my birthday and learned more about the ATOMY company. I went on a week-long trip to Seoul Korea with a full schedule every single day. Stayed in a five-star hotel and went to various provinces of Korea thanks to this trip! I also met many lovely Kiwi ladies who are very career-driven and are using ATOMY as their retirement plan. Oh, I arrived on my birthday and a friend I made during my previous trip to Korea actually came to the hotel and surprised me with the cake! Due to my busy schedule I could not spend much time with him. I honestly did not even get to get much of the cake. However, I will remember this forever as it is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me :(


I would say 2023 is going well friendship-wise.  I managed to secure an unpaid internship with a company that focuses on a Pest-Free New Zealand. I am excited to learn so much and finally contribute my knowledge and utilise my zoology degree. Best part? It is also located on the north shore, close to where I live. With my job, it has pretty much been stagnant apart from the fact I barely get my full-hour lunch now and also work over 45 hours each week. They still wonder why I am tired as. Working that many hours helped pay off another flight ticket back to Singapore. This time, I was there for Azlyn's wedding and to visit the family of course.  This trip determined the fact that I would not be returning home for a long time. My family is quite dysfunctional right now and in need of severe counseling alongside mental health checks. There is an evil in this world and I saw it when I was spending time with each and every one of my family members. My mum is stressing out over things she cannot control and there is no one there for her to vent her frustrations too. She is also no longer working so my dad is the only breadwinner and that puts stress on him. My niece rarely sees her mum and is so attached to her grandma. What is that about? My sister got divorced and is spending her time catching up on her youth. Everyone's mind seems to be somewhere else at the moment and I feel like being part of that circle would mess my mind up too. That is why I am happy to be back in New Zealand. Even if it meant waiting 4 hours at the airport cause my flight got delayed. 

I have made a new family here. I have people I can count on when I am feeling down or sick. I know every relationship I make, happens for a reason and they might not stay in my life forever. That is okay. I am old enough and I understand that it happens, so now I just appreciate the time I have with people and make memories wherever possible. 

My love life has been kind of 50/50. On one hand, I have met men who are ready to settle down and are doing all these sweet gestures for me, buying me flowers and making me a passenger princess. On the other hand, they expect more than what I can offer in terms of commitment so it did not work out. My ex has also been texting me and even asked if we wanted to go on a trip together. I was so ready to say yes and he offered to pay for everything. Then I realized, he never did anything nice for me and this was his way of making up to me. Why would I put myself in that position. So, no, I have not responded since. 


Also, the clubbing and drinks night Grace and i have been planning for ages actually made it out of the group chat!!! And we had a blast. Grace bought 4 bottles of wine for us on top of all the other cocktails we had ordered. Truth be told I did puke but it is all good. The day after, my aunt invited me for coffee. There, she presented me with the birkinstocks that floated away during the night of the flood. That was her apology and me agreeing to go was mine. 

Now we are so close to the end of the year, what good things will come by?