<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2540916440869993933?origin\x3dhttp://lights-andsounds.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
OBLIVIATE;
Muse
Specs
Relates
Credits
+ follow Dashboard
Monday, January 1, 2024

(2017 picture cause 2024 was meh)

 Happy New Year!! 

This year has brought me so many blessings like friendship and lessons on Love. I fell in love and fell out of love this year. It is amazing how a man I spoke to online for over a year can make me feel butterflies in just a weekend. The same rule applies, if someone really liked you, you would know. 

Like every other year, I want to put myself first again. That has been giving me the best outcome. There seem to be interesting things set out for me this year. I am starting my internship with a conservation company and just applied to be a farmhand. Everything will work out in my favor this year. I am manifesting it.

A slight update, we had a small Secret Santa between Tiffany, Grace, and Caro. I got a Peter Alexander candle from Tiffany, Dior perfume and socks from Caro, and a picnic mat and drink cup from Grace. So appreciative of them throughout the year. I got most of my friend's Dior lip products cause the saying goes, " if you adore her, Dior her." On Christmas day, we had a Korean barbeque at Angela's house. I was there for nearly 8 hours. Started at 2pm and left at 10pm. It was such a nice time, I ate so much I had to lie on the couch for a nap.  We also had a strawberry cake for dessert. 

 
I also went to the Christmas lights at MOTAT twice this year. Once with Celina and once more with Joseph! Picture with Santa was mandatory of course! The lights were so pretty. It was my first time at MOTAT. They have a few sections and food trucks ready. We had some cinnamon donuts and fries. We had to get the overpriced $5 water to wash everything down as well. 


For New Year's Eve,  Celina and I went to Jungle 8. The plan was to arrive at 11pm for our booking and have drinks and food till it was time for the countdown. We completely underestimated the traffic and we were stuck in town for ages. We arrived at our booking at 11.35pm but only because we got off and decided to walk instead. The Uber guy was weird too. Either way, we managed to catch the fireworks from the Sky Tower. No New Year's kiss but we did have free shots! Strong ones too. Thank you Joe at Jungle 8. AND THANK YOU CELINA FOR FLIRTING? The night kind of ended a bit on the yucky side. Celina and I were drinking at Jungle 8 till about 2am and when we left, a group of Indian men came to us and offered us those light-up balloon thingy which our drunk selves accepted. DUDE. They started to take turns taking pictures with us and their hand around our waist and kissing our cheeks and hugging us lol. That made us so uncomfortable. I was looking for an Uber but no one was taking us. After they left, another 2 Indian men came to us and started asking us for our contact details which we kindly declined. THEY DID NOT STOP, even after I said I was married. We panicked and called Joseph who came in 15 minutes. Meanwhile, we went back to Jungle 8 and hid there till Joseph arrived. Joseph picked me up and spun me LOL I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE PICK ME UP but what the heck, I was just happy he came cause we felt so safe around him. We went back to his flat and chilled for like 5 minutes then got an Uber back. Oh, I literally fell down while leaving. Great start to the new year? It can only go up from here. 

We got home at 3 plus and Celina was so tired, I made her change and took off her makeup, and washed her face. ALL WHILE SHE WAS PASSED OUT ON MY BED. Crazy isn't it?? I also gave her two pills from bounce back and thank God I did cause we woke up with no hangover today. 

2024, please be kind to me.